Dillon Town Park is currently not available for reservations due to renovations. Please see the Master Plan below for what's to come!
Dillon Town Park is just off of Lake Dillon Drive between Tenderfoot and Buffalo Streets and offers a more secluded location with mountain views. Free parking is available along Tenderfoot, Buffalo, in the Town Hall Parking Lot and on LaBonte Street next to the tennis courts. Vehicles are not allowed in the park.
Flat walking paths run through the park and are plowed for winter use.
Next to Buffalo Street is a multiuse field which includes a youth ballfield. This lawn can be used for pick-up baseball, soccer, Frisbee, lacrosse, fitness, picnics, winter snowplay and more. Trees flanking the field are often used for slacklining and shaded rest.
A children’s playground is centered in the park next to the Town Pavilion that can be reserved for weddings, reunions, and parties. The Town Pavilion offers picnic tables and large charcoal grill. It seats up to 50 people.
Four free public tennis courts are open from Mid-May through September. The local pickleball club also hosts pickleball play on selected days of the week. The tennis courts have benches, water fountain, shaded seating and a pocket park with rescue dog sculpture and benches.
A small ADA restroom facility is located behind the tennis courts next to the playground.
An outdoor basketball court, 2 bocce courts and horseshoe pits are along the Tenderfoot Street side of the park. The Basketball court has two standard hoops and two youth hoops. Bocce ball sets are available at Lake Dillon Liquors across the street. This area features two shaded picnic tables and standard picnic tables, trash and recycling.
Town Park facilities include:
- Central Dillon Location surrounded by trees with Mountain Views
- Flat paved paths, plowed in winter
- Youth Baseball Field
- Large green lawn
- Town Park Pavilion
- Four Tennis Courts for tennis and pickleball
- Two Bocce Courts
- Basketball Court with 2 Standard Hoops and 2 Youth Hoops
- Horseshoe Pits
- Shaded picnic tables
- Picnic tables
- Wooded areas for slacklining and general play
- Sculpture Pocket Park with benches
- Mutt Mitt Stations
- Recycling and trash bins
- ADA Restroom Facilities
Parks & public gathering spaces are central to Dillon's identity as a community. Connections built around common interests and shared cultural experiences is the way people celebrate traditions and connect. These values lay at the heart of our communities desire to make improvements to Dillon Town Park. Town Park Master Planning occurred in 2014 involving community feed-back and input from local schools under the guidance of Dillon's Park & Recreation Committee. The plan was approved in 2015.
*Specific park elements subject to change.
Thank you for your patience! Please direct any questions or comments to info@TownofDillon.com or 970-468-2403
Phase 1 Time-line:
- Utility work(water, sewer, electrical and drainage)
- Dedicated park parking (187 parking spots)
- Relocation and reconstruction of first tennis court
- Town Green
- Submit Great Outdoors Colorado grant request to secure continued park funding
- Excavate & install multi-purpose field
- Paths and Trails
- Pathway improvements, trails to asphalt
- Playground improvements, age specific (phased)
- Sit furnishings, water stations, lighting and signage
- Pavilion and Events Plaza (2023)
- Remaining Mulit-use court (2025)
- Restrooms (2022-2023)
- Pickle Ball Courts (Currently unfunded)