Welcome to the Town of Dillon
Thank you for considering the Town of Dillon as your future employer. We strive to create a work environment of hard-working, engaged, and involved employees.
We provide our full-time employees with a comprehensive benefit program, matching retirement program, Health Savings Account contribution, and a wellness program.
It is the Town's policy to provide equal opportunity employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or other protected classification.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$53,000/Annually
- Posted Date:01/07/2020
- Protects life and property through the enforcement of laws & regulations; Proactively patrols assigned areas
- Responds to calls for police service
- Conducts preliminary & follow-up criminal and traffic investigations
- Conducts interviews
- Prepares written reports and field notes of investigations and patrol activities
- Arrest and processes criminals
- Testifies in court
- Emergency duties required during adverse weather conditions
- Ability to exercise judgment in determining when to use force and to what degree
- Operate a law enforcement vehicle under emergency conditions day or night
- Comprehending legal documents including citations, affidavits, warrants and other documents.
- Commanding emergency personnel at accident emergencies and disasters
- Takes an active role in Community Oriented Policing
- Self initiate traffic and/or criminal investigations.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- At least 21 years of age.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field is highly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office is highly preferred.
- Colorado P.O.S.T. law enforcement officer certification or ability to secure one within six months of hire date.
- Valid Colorado driver's license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- CPR/AED & First Aid Certification preferred or ability to obtain certification in a timely fashion.
- Previous related work experience is highly preferred.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and written fluently in English.
- Proper skill in the use of firearms and in the operation of police vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to deal effectively with citizens in a variety of difficult situations.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, or airborne particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand or sit; walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 30+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee must be able to talk and hear.
- The noise level in the field is moderate to loud.
- Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt