Welcome to the Town of Dillon
Thank you for considering the Town of Dillon as your future employer. We strive to create a work environment of hard-working, engaged, and involved employees.
We provide our full-time employees with a comprehensive benefit program, matching retirement program, Health Savings Account contribution, and a wellness program.
It is the Town's policy to provide equal opportunity employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability or other protected classification.
Grounds Crew - Seasonal
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.00 - $16.00 DOQ
- Posted Date:06/23/2020 10:30 AM
- Deadline to Apply:07/23/2020
This is a seasonal position requiring a skilled level of work related to the maintenance of Town facilities, parks, public bathrooms, playgrounds, and landscaping. 40-hour work week - must be able to work flexible hours and weekends.
Reports to: Grounds Foreman, Streets Supervisor, Assistant Public Works Director
- Some knowledge of equipment, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance and repair activities.
- Skill in the operation of some of the listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work safely.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments, and the public.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Special Requirement: Valid Colorado Driver’s license.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick up trash and maintain public walkways.
- Maintain waterways and ditches.
- Clean public bathrooms.
- Maintain parks and playgrounds.
- Maintain all landscaping in Town Center and outlying areas.
- Maintain and repair irrigation.
- Perform various turf maintenance duties.
- Plant flowers and other various shrubs and trees.
- Prune trees and shrubs.
- Paint various Town structures.
- Operate equipment related turf care and tree maintenance.
- Operate standard pick-up trucks and utility vehicles.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Performs other related work as assigned.(Examples listed may not include all tasks which may be found in this position)
Work Environment/Physical Activities:
- The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions.The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration.The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is sometimes loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.The employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear.The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equipment Used: Motorized vehicles and equipment including pick-ups, skid-steer loader, tamper, saws, sanders, common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches, and telephones.
Supervision Exercised: None
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties as assigned.