From the Helm- February 2017
Wow how time flies! It has been over six weeks as the new Marina Director here at Dillon Marina and I am loving it. We are having a great time making plans for the 2017 boating season! We have accomplished quite a bit already and are looking forward for the season to begin.
Craig and I both attended the 2017 International Marina and Boatyard Conference in Fort Lauderdale that really got our juices flowing for improving the marina’s infrastructure and addressing some safety issues.
Currently, in no particular order, we have already purchased:
- 2008 Triumph 215 Tournament edition center console rescue boat with a 225 ETEC outboard motor
- Fast Attack mobile fire suppression system
- Concrete decking to replace broken boards on docks
- Safety ladders for each dock
- Solar lights for each dock gate
- Punch code locks for each dock gate
- Reflective dock signs for slip numbers that can be seen from the water
- 2017 John Deere tractor
- 400 foot wave attenuator to be installed south of the launch ramp
We have also implemented some new policies that include:
- Daily operational hours from 8 am to 7 pm from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Free showers for tenants (tokens will be available in the Marina Office)
- Free launch ramp
We are working very hard to address a lot of issues this first season so please be patient but continue to help us identify issues or concerns that you may be experiencing. Please send me an email @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 468-5100 x103.
Phil Hofer CMM / Dillon Marina Director